Want Your Girls to Consider a Career in Engineering?
Wondering how to hold that conversation with your daughter about a career in Engineering?
Attend this Parent-Educator Program taking place at the same time the girls are engaged in their hands-on, fun “SWE Exploring Technology” or SWEET program. You will learn best practices to support and encourage girls’ natural interests in Science, Technology, Engineering and Math. You will meet other inspiring Engineers and learn what they do.
All adult influencers – including troop leaders, parents, teachers, family and friends – are welcome to attend this educational program designed to help sustain girls’ STEM interests long after the day-of activity is over. Hear what others have said about our Parent Educator Programs.
Our objectives are:
- To learn how to hold a discussion on Engineering with girls
- To provide resources, role models, tools and ideas of how to host your own fun design activities
- To raise awareness of the hurdles women face in entering and sustaining a STEM career and how to effectively step over them
- To allow you to ask questions of real time Engineers
- To support youth no matter which career they choose
Please RSVP below. Our Program Logistics:
- DATE: April 20, 2013
- TIME: 1:00 – 4:30 pm
- LOCATION: San Diego City College (1313 Park Blvd); 2 miles from the girls’ event at Girl Scouts campus. Parking is free.
- COST: Suggested Donation is $5 to help cover costs. Refreshments are Provided. Donation below or bring your contribution to the day of event.
Your donation is 100% tax-deductible!
20 signed up so far.
RSVP deadline is past